Released September 20, Apple's mainstream 2019 iPhone comes with a 6.1" LCD touchscreen, dual cameras, and six available colors. Successor to the iPhone XR.

Message After Screen Replacement - Has anyone manged to solve?

Hi All,

I hear recently that there could be a solution for the warning message that appears after screen replacement. It was suggested to me that it might be possible to transfer an IC from the original screen flex to a new screen.

Does this sound plausible, has anyone managed it yet? Such a shame, I’m turning down loads of iPhone 11 repairs…

Apple and its selfish attitude. This will not change unless people complain, like every year with every iphone...

Most Helpful Answer

iPhone 8 Series & iPhone X, you have to read the old serial number from the old screen and transfer it to the new one with a special programmer (about $500 for programmer on ) to fix the issue with true tone, I never tested on iPhone 11 series but is think it will be the same thing, at soon I have news I will post it here.

Did you ever figure this out? I've heard using an original OEM display and programming it still results in this message. Thanks

anyone found a solution that works? is there a micro soldering solution yet?

Yep, there’s a chip grinding method where the chip on the back of the screen is transferred over.

https://blog.rewatechnology.com/solved-i...

Is this still a problem? I called a repair service and he told me, since iOS 14.2 the message won’t pop up.

The iPhone 11 smartphones show a warning if the screen has been replaced and if Apple cannot verify whether it is an official screen.

The warning is on the lockscreen for 4 days and then only visible in the settings menu. If the message disappears from the lock screen after 4 days, it will remain on the first page of the settings menu for another 15 days. After that period, the notification goes to the Info menu under the General heading of Settings. The notification has no further effect on the operation of the iPhone.

The true Tone option under Screen settings is therefore no longer available.

Before starting the repair I recommend you to use the "JCID v1 Programmer" you can save data from the old screen and save it to the New screen, when you then mount the new screen back on your iPhone, the True Tone option is available again in Screen settings

Yes, transplanting the Touch IC to a new OEM display (note how I said OEM here), makes the message disappear! and as for true tone you need a re programmer to be able to restore that! :D

The message will disappear if you use a genuine screen, program it and flash the phone to an iOS version higher than 14.6.

Worked for me several times.

All Seeing Aye will be eternally grateful.