A portable Bluetooth speaker manufactured by Ultimate Ears.

Stuck in Demo Mode

I have a UE megaboom.

It is a “demo” model and hence has bluetooth disabled.

I have tried factory reset (Minus, and power button for 15 secs)

I have tried hard reset (Minus,Plus, pairing button for 15 secs)

When I try to update software with the UE speaker update assistant on windows, Windows cannot detect my device - “USB device not recognized”, and then the update assistant cannot proceed.

Hello Jayden, where you able to reset the demo model?

hello. i have the same problem, speaker does not want to reset.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Jayden!

I believe it’s firmware based (Demo mode), I don’t think there is an easy fix for this one. Is it possible to return it? Otherwise you could contact Logitech.

I don't have a receipt. Will I still be able to return the item?

Well, you bought it a few days ago, right? You should be able to return it. Just explain the issue to them.

if you bought it from the store it shouldnt be in demo mmode but the store should take it back even without a recite they will just verify the serial number is correct with the one on the box to see if it didnt get changed out but the store should not be selling ones in demo mode. make u=sure u infor them that the prosuct is damaged when purchased

The Bluetooth light actually is a button.

Hold the power button and minus button down together for 10 seconds. Then hold the Bluetooth button down 3 seconds. It will blink to show it’s ready to connect.

its a firmware issue and if it is stuck in demo mode you cant do that because it wont allow you u use those buttons because demo mode means that it has to be plugged in to work and u cant connect to bluetooth. that will work on if u just needed to factory reset it but in demo mode u cant the firmware needs updated

if it is stuck in demo mode that means it will only work if it is plugged into a outlet for power and u have to use the aux cable to use it because the blue-tooth doesn’t work. if it is a wonder-boom or a mini there is no firmware update with the assistant and there prob wont be ever. but the mega-boom, boom, boom 2, blast, mega-blast and roll all have the firmware update for the assistant you wont be able to update the firmware on the mini or the wonder boom unless Logitech decided to put those specific ones on the site to update it. the only way you can use it is to keep it plugged in and use a aux cable to use it. i have had many of them that way. u can either give it away as a present and inform the person who u are giving them how to use them or try and sell it as is and buy one. everyone wants a portable speaker now a days. with my job i had to change out the ue booms from displays and were able to keep them or throw them away when something went wrong with the display so i have done a lot of research on this. you can try and open it up and disconnect it from the battery and do a hard reset i have yet to do that i just gave away the speakers that i could not update the firmware on and informed those ppl about how to go about using it i mean its a free speaker for them im sure they wont complain and u save money on actually getting a gift but if u want to open up the speaker itself and risk damaging it there are YouTube videos on doing a hard reset on them where u take them apart and unplug it from the batter it would be the same if you needed to change the battery because it went bad which is rare unless u keep it plugged in all day everyday just l;ike anything and that will still take a very long time before the battery charges so much it wears it out.

You can try to hold power button and bluetooth button for a 30seconds then you can pair it with a device. I just found it.

Jayden Kah will be eternally grateful.