0

SIMRAN

Error -1 on iTunes mac.

hello everyone. how to get rid of iTunes error -1 during restoring firmware on iphone4. i m restoring with 4.3.5 or 5b4 . but same error .

Edited by: SIMRAN ( )

anybody know about this ? i m using iTunes 10.5b5.

SIMRAN,

any body know about this . i have restored with custom . done so many things now it shows imei: unknown . what to do?

SIMRAN,

sometimes imei isn't recognised if battery is flat..charge on wall for 1 hour, then try dfu again. then alt restore to custom firmware

pollytintop,

the error is negative 1(-1) not 1(1)... its a baseband problem...

dan,

1

SIMRAN

i have answer for this this is problem of logic board baseband is corrupted . whenever i m trying to on the phone it stuck in the recovery mode and then within 1-2 min it shut off. after restoring and jail breaking my handset shows imei- unknown . no wifi no bluetooth .. so there is no any way to recover the imei of this . i talked to apple genius they are replacing it .. thanx to all

plz tell me via call imran bhai 03226950000 plz tell me via call imran bhai 03226950000 or email address fasihimran@yahoo.com same id facebook

Shimran,

Hi, I have the same problem, anyone found solution? would it make any difference if i install itunes again? Thank you in advance x

kam,

as part of general troubleshooting that is one thing you should do..uninstall and then reinstall itunes, log in as administrator on pc/mac and try again. Have you tried any of vara prasad's ideas? did you have any problems with iphone before this error? You may want to start your own question as Simran's problem was solved and yours is new...

pollytintop,

this is a error of unknown imei but you should try first with the restore to fixed. if not same error then after restore jailbreak it with red snow then your phone will wake up . check the imei if there is then you can use it if there is no imei then leave it on apple service provider.

SIMRAN,

hi, i uninstalled and reinstalled itunes then connected iphone which is in recovery mode. I resore it and the iphoen worked for 5min then it lost it service again , and eventually the message was to connect it to itunes again, which i did and same error -1 appeared. Since then ive done the same thing again and it showed in the end of restoring it showed error -1 then message that itunes cant locate iphone recovery softwear ;( @ simran sorry my lack of knowladge but what is 'red snow' and where can i check imei? thank you for your help.

kam,

3

Try this: Unplug the phone from the computer. Leave the other end of cable still plugged in the iphone, now turn the phone completely off, hold home button still while plug other end of cable into your computer, only release Home button. After itunes recognize your phone in recovery mode and that when you heard the USB sounds on your computer. Press shift+ restore to restore your phone

The unknown imei is usually caused by failure of the comm board....

Also try to use iReb or TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

i have done this all on mac and windows also. during restore the firmware it goes to half and gives error of unknown -1 error.

SIMRAN,

there si no procedure for -1 error...

SIMRAN,

What happens when you try iReb or TinyUmbrella?

as far as i can see 1 is the same as -1... all other error numbers have an alternative with the - in brackets beside it.

pollytintop,

2

Shimran
25

error 1

just open redsn0w 9.xx

and press extras and press recovery fix

fully work

1

ANDI SHKUMBINI
13

hi

the answer to the question is that you bricked the iphone and there is no way to fix it because i think u upgraded ur baseband tio ipad baseband 6.15.00 in order to unlock it but u should have checket the serial number of the phone before updating ur baseband.

like for example: if ur serial 79013CDK3....

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

1

Jaydeep
13

first save your shsh and then try restoring to the fw which apple is signing.

once its activated try getting to the fw your want your would be able to overcome this issue.

make sure your have fresh pc or mac to do this feature and all your firewalls antivirus uninstalled not disable.

make sure your check your host file and remove every line which has gs.apple.com

restart your pc and try to restore your device.

cheers and downgrade it to your preferred version bb is likely to get updated as per the ipsw version and bb.

feel free to mail me at barot.jaydeep@gmail.com

0

Nick
29k

Put the phone in DFU mode

To do this, press and hold home and power together, then let power go and keep holding the home button

That should do the trick

already done no success

SIMRAN,

0

vara prasad
1

error 1 =bad com port,change usb port

Things to do:

Check your USB Cable and Port

Try a different computer.

Lets Fix Your Mac/PC

If you are able to restore on another computer, then try the following on your computer to fix the issue:

The first possibility could be that you used TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs. If so, start TinyUmbrella again and go to “Advanced” tab and turn off/uncheck the “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit”. It should modify the host file and allow iTunes to update.

Now Apply Changes and try a fresh restore.

If you still can’t restore iPhone on your Mac/PC, there could be a possibility that your USB ports are messed up.

i once also had this error with corrupted firmware

0

dan
1

Try to update to a firmware that will update ur baseband or a

0

rjellul
1

Post the restore log. I experienced this on a 4S restoring on 5.0.1...

Happens to be a problem in the write process of the baseband update. As for me there is no hope except to replace the phone.

0

Felix
7

ok cool so how do you fix a corrupted baseband? Please provide a smart answer something that makes sense. If you don't know or not sure what u talking about, don't comment please

-1....Felix, this is a public answer section. It is not up to any of us to make a decision who comments to what. It is up to you to decide what to do with any comment. If you paid attention to any of the comments on here, you would have learned that the -1 is a broadband error, and can be resolved by replacing the Infineon X-GOLD 618 processor chip and the Intel/Numonyx 128MB NOR DDR chip. This will have a few consequences to your phones IMEI and serial number. Try googling it so that it will makes sense to you.

Thanks Oldturkey I appreciate your input

Felix,

0

Richey Kerr
43

error (-1) is a corrupted baseband chips, no software fix available

0

wko1980
1

i just use redsnow "recovery fix" then can use my iphone 4 le....restore ios 5.1

0

orlando quintero
1

as of 05/20/2012 7:46pm I just had that problem. After reading some of the comments saying my phone lost IMEI I suited my pants. My phone is factory unlocked with baseband 4.10.01 iOS 5.0.1 after a restore using tinyunbrella shah, at the end gave error 1 all i did was open redsn0w 9.11 and used recovery fix. After that took my phone to welcome screen stetted it up and now I got service and is running good :)

1 error is different than -1. 1 error you can easily remove from the iTunes like as you did . just a simply way. -1 you cannot get rid of it

SIMRAN,

0

stephenrulzzyeah
1

I got the same error as you -1, when i'm restoring it gets to the last bar then freezes for a few mins then says error -1, someone please help!

0

Zachary
1

Come jenuis people somebody gotta have an answer for that stupid -1 error

0

orlando quintero
1

Are you trying to restore a 3GS with the iPad baseband? And are you getting a 1 or -1

0

Zachary
1

I'm restoring an iPhone 4 GSM at the very end of the restore I got error -1

Genius people we need a solution n we know you can do it. Thx in advance!!!

last thing is to replace the logic board inside or change the phone

SIMRAN,

0

Zachary
1

Well I just hacktivated it using redsnow then it becomes a nice iPod touch lol. Thx anyway for ur time!!!!

0

mleylee
1

Hi , I got same error -1 iPhone 4s my phone is in recovery mode how can I fix it at least to use as an iPod??

thank you

0

7Gnosis
71

HELLO FRIENDS I HAVE POSTED A NEW TOPIC ,BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO ANSWER !!please take a look ---> http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/10470...

ERROR -1 WAS FIXED

BUT the signal of thr hspda (3g) +wifi loses all the time and then comes back again !!!

can you please help ?

where can i jumper it? or reboll?

the coil near the bb seems bad after former technichen who tried to repair it ,

the bb looks fine

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

0

matinbutt
1

7Gnosis, how did you fix the ERROR -1 ?. thanks for sharing.

0

fran
1

buy a new phone and stop!!! problem solved.

0

Cyril Brian
1

To fix iPhone updating error 1, try the below methods:

1. Make sure that your CPU is up to date and iTunes is the latest version

2. Updating with another computer

3. Downloading .ipsw and check the host files

4. DFU mode

5. Anti-virus programs will silently screw you over and over, so close it or even temporarily uninstall it from your computer

6. Clear DNS cache. Hit the Windows key on your keyboard >Type cmd >Right click & run cmd as administrator > Type "ipconfig/flushdns".

Hope this helps. Watch this video to learn more: How to fix iPhone updating/restoring error 1 and recover lost data.