1

Soap
13

Why doesn't my ipod nano want to turn on?

I charged my ipod nano and it was working fine until now it doesn't seem to be wanting to turn on. The hold switch isn't on and I am trying to turn it on by pressing any keys but it doesn't turn on. What can I do. :(

3

iTronics Repair

1. Try resetting it by: holding in both the menu and center buttons for 10 seconds until you see the apple logo.

2. If that doesn't work, try restoring it with iTunes.

3. If iTunes recognizes it, but you still can't see anything on the screen, then I'd guess it's a bad LCD screen.

4. If you can't even get iTunes to recognize it, it is probably a bad motherboard.

0

tim
1

What if your iPod frezzes while u wactching your recored videos

This appears to be a new question. Please click on this link: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers and then hit the Questions box in the upper right hand corner and ask again.

mayer,

0

Debra
1

Charge your iPod by COMPUTER not iHome.

Then click the center button.

0

jdorese
1

ur ipod sucks.

0

bunny
1

My Ipod nano 5th generation has done the same thing. All of a sudden it doesn't turn on at all. Could this also possibly be because of the battery coming unplugged on the inside or the battery becoming jarred or knocked loose? Like I said, it was working perfectly fine before.

0

Lyndell Muirhead
1

I had the same problem with my Nano. However after many suggested attempts to start it up, I finally worked it out. I connected it to my laptop with the white cord, pressed menu button for about 20 seconds and finally it responded. It wasn't the music that was important because Itunes have stored all of my music. It was the short videos of my dear little granddaughter whom I have no more, that was most important to me. If the motherboard hasn't failed, and if it is just a case of having not used your old ipod for a long time (because you have probably bought a new one, or an IPhone) connect it to your computer. Wait until you see the Apple Logo, press onto the Menu button for about 20 seconds, and hopefully it will respond.