Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone 6 Home Button Not Working

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.3. My home button is not working anymore and so I am using Assistive Touch as a workaround. My question is if I buy a new home button and replace it myself, will I still be able to use the phone? I understand that TouchID will not work anymore (which is OK bc I didn’t use it to begin with) but I have read many horror stories about Error 53 and phones being bricked. Thank you.

Most Helpful Answer

That’s quite an old issue and it’s been fixed long ago. Not a problem to replace the home button, you’ll get back your home function. Just be careful with the small flex cables, use some heat to loosen the adhesive for easy removal and remember to disconnect battery before the job and reconnect it as last and all will be fine.

Joe Schneck will be eternally grateful.