Released in July 1983 in Japan, the Nintendo Family Computer, or Famicom, is the matching predecessor to the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Model HVC-001.

correct ac power adapters

i have an ac adapter but it seems to be for the super famicom not the original famicom. it fits into the snes but not the nes either. i do not believe i am getting any power to the unit. also not sure of the exact hookup for it to the tv.

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Here is what I found AC adapter for Family Computer(HVC-001) and Super Famicom(SHVC-001/SHVC-101). Moreover, It can be used by VirtualBoy(VUE-001) via AC adapter-tap. Input: AC100V 50/60Hz 18VA, Output: DC10V 850mA center minus (+-@--) Hope that somehow clears it up. You might need a multimeter to see if you are getting power from your AC adapter.I also attached to diagram for the PCB

Good Luck

I have exactly the same console (famiclone) and a megadrive 1 psu works fine...Thats the 1 with the silver end and NOT the yellow end..I hope this helps....

I have a pair of Famicoms (both the original and an AV Famicom). They both happily accept the power adapter from either a US Sega Master System, or a model 1 Sega Genesis. This PSU has the correct barrel connector size, voltage, and pin orientation.

nan will be eternally grateful.