Forgot boot up password
How do I get past the boot up password
Is this a good question?
Repair and disassembly guides for the Compaq Presario CQ40.
I found this: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-B...
it looks like you can try one of these two passwords: 47498324 or 00586459
according to an HP employee:
1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
4. For new password, just press ENTER key
5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
Past 24 Hours: 2
Past 7 Days: 6
Past 30 Days: 20
All Time: 205