Control, Option, and Shift keys (on left side) do nothing.
I just replaced the logic board on my sister’s Macbook Pro 15” mid 2015 Retina. Now the left side Control, Option, and Shift keys are not functioning. The keys do not register in the keyboard viewer. The replacement logic board was purchased from iFixit, so I’m assuming it should be fully functional.
- I’ve tested in safe mode, a new admin profile, and even booting from another MacOS installation on a USB stick.
- I’ve reset the NVRAM.
- I’ve reset the SMC (by unplugging the battery and holding the power since the necessary keys do not work).
- I’ve re-seated the keyboard connector multiple times (and the trackpad connector for good measure).
- Is there anything left to try?
- Which piece of hardware should I be looking at?
Is this a good question?