Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Spilled water on it went dead

My Iphone 3gs had water spilled on it and has been sitting for a few hrs and went dead . I took it apart and placed the screen and logic board in a bag of rice for a week or two . I notice the battery was corroded so i replaced it and put all back togather . Turn the phone on and everything seems to work fine and bout a min into it the screen went really Dim and it stays that way unless i let it sit for abit not being lite up, and it will work again, then starts to go dim again . What would i need to replace ? Suggestions ? Thanks

gd515 it is possible that you have more corrosion than just your logic board. Before just going to randomly replace parts follow this guide. I know it is for a 3G but it will still get the job done. Good Luck

gd515 will be eternally grateful.