Parts & Tools

The Moto E4 Plus—also known as the, XT1774, XT1775, XT1776 or Moto E Plus 4th Gen—features a large 5.5" HD display and smooth metal design. Equipped with a 5000 mAh battery, a water-repellent coating, and fingerprint reader.

4G data not working

I’ve had my Moto E4 Plus for almost two years now and it’s been fine, but about two months ago my 4G data stopped working. It’s not like I have 3G all the time and just can’t connect to 4G, I just only have an internet connection when it is weak. For example, I can be downtown in a city and have nothing, but in the middle of the woods I’ll have a weak connection.

I’ve looked through my settings to see if there is anything that I may have pressed unknowingly, but after resetting to all of my original settings it is still a problem. I’ve also went into safety mode to see if an app I downloaded was blocking it, but that didn’t help either.

Does anyone know what could be wrong, and possibly a solution?

IT IS JUST A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE — I was having the similar issue with a Customer after screen replacement, and after check Settings and a Factory Reset the problem persists. Opening the phone i saw one of 2 antennas was disconnected, put it in back fixed the issue.

can be something disconnected inside, a software issue and maybe is your carrier, a call can answer it, may they lower your data plan or something like that.

Thank you for answering! I don't believe it is a carrier issue, my phone had to switch over to Boost Mobile since Sprint Forward no longer exists, and switching didn't solve the problem. Do you know if there is a way I can check to see if an antenna is disconnected on my own, or do you think I should bring it somewhere to be looked at?

Sarah will be eternally grateful.