Released September 20, Apple's mainstream 2019 iPhone comes with a 6.1" LCD touchscreen, dual cameras, and six available colors. Successor to the iPhone XR.

Screen replacement compatible with XR?

My iPhone 11 screen has cracked and I cant find an 11 lcd screen replacement to buy anywhere online to repair myself. After some looking for picture of both the XR and the 11 under the display and the screens itself they look very very similar. Could I possibly buy an XR display and use it on the 11 with it fitting properly?

Most Helpful Answer

The display modules look the same, but you can’t install the screen from iPhone XR to iPhone 11 because they have technical incompatibilities.

No. They may look the same but they both have something that prevents you from using a xr screen on a 11

Apple is too smart for this trick :) Iphone 7 and 8 screen was working on one phone, but for example in iphone 7 screen from 8 makes phone warm, and this could cause motherboard issues.

There is a way I saw someone put a 11 screen on an Xr but they used some sort of device to transfer serial numbers from one screen to the other or something like that. But don’t trust me I could be entirely wrong.

https://youtu.be/AIgTrL9xbV0

you cannot interchange 11 & XR or vice versa! See video.

connectors are different.

I connected an XR screen to an iphone 11 and the display works but touch does not.

Splityou4 will be eternally grateful.