Parts & Tools

Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Phone restarting for some days than died

Hi everyone, at first I want to apologize for my bad english and to thank you for your time.

Last year I brought my uncle’s dead iphone (won’t turn on) to the apple store and after replacing the battery they gave it to me saying that the motherboard was dead and that i can keep the new battery. So far so good I bought a new motherboard with touch id, a new Charging chip (just to be sure) and i swapped them. The phone worked fine for 1 year and a week ago it started to restart in loop while i was using it, The problem was so bad that I had to reset the phone with itunes. Nothing changed and for the last week the problem persisted. Until yesterday: i was using safari and suddently the phone shut down without even restart. I tried to charge it, i tried to restart in every way but it’s dead.

Now I’m asking you: do i have to buy another motherboard? Or can I do something cheaper like test and swap some capacitors? In that case i have a tester but i don’t know which capacitors I have to test and which result indicates a bad one. And last question: could it be that I installed the motherboard in a wrong way? It seems strange to me because if I failed with the installation the phone couln’t work for 1 year..

thank you again for your time, I really appreciate it!

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Most Helpful Answer

You can try to put a new battery in it and look if that will help, it is the cheapest way.

Thanks than, I'll try. If it's not the battery what do I do?

I Tried but nothing, after it sat for a week it started but after a few seconds it restarted again and then turn off. I noticed that besides it was fully charged last week when i restarted it i had to charge it again because the battery was completely drained

Alessandro Be will be eternally grateful.