Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

What is the name of the white plastic part under the keyboard button?

hello, I would like to know if I can only replace one button instead of the whole keyboard? I have the key cab but it won’t stick anymore, anyone knows the name of the plastic white part under it?

thank you

@propman The only problem with calling it "that white thingy under the key" would be if you look for a replacement thingy on the net you might not find it ;)

@arbaman Very true indeed but one might encounter some other "interesting" hits while doing the searches. ;-)

@propman Lol, you made me curious..I'll try that..

@propman thank you. I ran over this post actually but I was looking for an official name to look for on ifixit.com and I found a cheaper one on aliexpress.com and on that British site.

thank you for your help

@fat10hamhash Great to hear you were able to resolve your parts issue. Thanks for the update. :-)

copied and pasted your exact question along with -ifixit and macbook and the following is the first hit returned:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/question...

Apparently they are known as scissor clips or B-clips but I shall forever fondly call them "that white thingy under the key"! :-)

It is called a scissor clip. You can buy some at the website that @propman put in his comment.

Score -1

Faten will be eternally grateful.