iPod touch A1318 does not turn on at all

I have an Ipod A1318. Nothing in particular happened to it, but it will not turn on at all. Tried different cords and nothing except it starts to heat up quickly. Is the overheating a sign of a bad batterey? If so, I could use a few tips on soldering the battery. I thought soldering paste and a heat shrink dryer might be the best way. Whattayathink?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

Got it apart and it is the bottom of the unit heating up, not the battery. I don't know what that means, does anyone?

by

Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

I have a repair center and everytime I replaced a battery in a unit like this the ipod just continued to get hotter with power until it shut off completely. The board is bad and possibly something is making a connection where it shouldnt make one. Before you put a battery in use isopropyl alcohol to clean the whole board, look for green or white dust like a car battery gets. This can cause problems, once your done cleaning the unit blow on the mother board until the alcohol evaporates then try plugging it back into power source. If it continues to get hot just call it a loss!!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

Comments:

Thank You. I didn't see any corrosion. I gave up trying to fix it myself and sent it to a repair center. We'll see.

by

Good luck, let me know the outcome

by

Add a comment

can yall repair it from runing it from the computer to my ipod

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Jeff Dunlap will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 2,443