Where is the camshaft postion sensor located?
I have a 2001 Kia Optima and I cannot find the camshaft positon sensor to replace it. I've spoken with the parts department and they can't even tell me. They gave me the www.kiatechinfo
The camshaft position sensor monitors the position of the camshaft. It is mounted at the rear of the cylinder head
To Remove Camshaft Position Sensor
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect wire connector from sensor.
3. Remove sensor mounting bolts.
4. Remove the sensor from the rear of cylinder head.
To Fit Camshaft Position Sensor
1. Install camshaft position sensor in rear of cylinder head.
2. Install and tighten sensor mounting bolts.
3.Connect wire connector to sensor.
4. Connect negative battery cable.
Here is what it looks like
Good Luck and I hope it helps.
When standing in front of the car look to the right of the top of the engine. Attached to the end is the camshaft pos sensor. Has 1 bolt attaching it. Be careful when removing the wires because being tat close to the manifold it gets a lot of heat and is prone to crumbling when taking off. If this happens your in for a very expensive repair. Because that wire is part of the engine wiring harness kit and isn't sold separately.