A1706 / EMC 3071—Released in November 2016, this 13" Macbook Pro introduces the OLED Touch Bar. Features a dual-core "Skylake" Intel Core i5 CPU and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Flickering screen when MacBook Pro touch bar 2016 is hot

Hi, my screen always flicker whenever its getting hot. Sometimes the display just turn dead and I have to shut the lid and turn it back on again. I’ve been getting a couple of thin bars flickering at the bottom of the screen as well.

Usually happens when I run graphic programs such as Lightroom, Photoshop or even watching videos on Netflix and YouTube.

Is this the “flexgate” people talking about?

Sadly no this is not the flexGate issue.

This is a CPU/T-CON failure. Basically the video RAM used by the CPU or the T-CON board has a problem.

Most Helpful Answer

Your system has only one graphics engine! The intergraded within the CPU (Intel HD Graphics 550)

In this case the T-CON board is dropping signal from the GPU. Which could be a couple of things!

Apple has had an issue with the newer 2016 onward Intel systems which placed the T-CON board within the main case allowing it to get cooked!

You may only need to clean the dust buildup within the fans and the heatsinks fin areas so the system is about to cool effectively. The other action is to run a good thermal monitoring app like TG Pro so you can monitor your systems temps and also allows you to set a thermal threshold to ramp up the fans (turbo).

The other direction is not run heavy apps that run your system hard.

Sadly the only way to fix this if the problem doesn’t subside is to replace the display assembly or the logic board after it has been properly tested to figure out if the signal is failing getting to the T-CON or if the T-CON its self has failed.

Unfortunately there no fix. Have to get it change. Apple has this program for the repair.

https://support.apple.com/en-my/13-inch-...

Unfortunately the program is only for 13" MacBook Pro. I have a 15". Is it also covered?

where can we have this fixed for the 15"

I have the same problem on my 15” MacBook pro 2016. Screen flickering and then screen goes black. does anyone found a solution for this. im told to replace the screen for 60INR by the service centre.

Did you have the answer? I have same issue will this fix my MBP 15” 2016 Touch Bar.

The only way is to have it repaired, but it will cost over 700 USD and the technician might not even know what's the problem. Therefore, I would recommend trade in your laptop for a 700 dollar for Apple gift card and upgrade to a new MacBook Pro with M1 Chip. That's what I did to solve this issue.

irfanrahim94 will be eternally grateful.