Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

iPhone x in reboot loop

Hey y'all, my iPhone x recently got stuck in a reboot loop. I let it do its thing until the battery died, plugged it in and it powered on. My phone behaved normally for about 20 minutes, then back to reboot loop. I tried this again, and after researching I decided to quickly go to settings and do an iOS update. Which worked, for about three days. I've connected it to iTunes and recieved the notification that something was wrong and I needed to update or restpre. I tried both and toward the end of the process it said neither could be completed. Not sure what to try next? Thanks!

iPhone X Fix Kits

Warranty up? No worries, we’ve got the fix.

iPhone X Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Has this phone been in contact with water? These symptoms sound suspiciously like a water damaged device. The other possibility is that of the phone was dropped and the logic was damaged. The logic board in the iPhone X is flimsier than in previous models and this could be a cracked solder ball along the interposer or underneath an IC.

If software resets/restores don’t work, you should consider having this looked at by an experienced micro-solderer.

Not that I'm aware of directly, but has been in a steamy bathroom. I was told they were waterproof, so didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!

The iPhone X is water-resistant, not waterproof. In practice, some phones are more resistant than others.

Ellen will be eternally grateful.