Model A1419 / EMC 2806 / Late 2014 or Mid 2015. 3.3 or 3.5 GHz Core i5 or 4.0 GHz Core i7 (ID iMac15,1); EMC 2834 late 2015 / 3.3 or 3.5 GHz Core i5 or 4.0 GHz Core i7 (iMac17,1) All with Retina 5K displays

Rubbish (insect) under glass iMac 27" 5k late 2015

Question about iMac 27" 5k late 2015, a small insect appeared on the matrix under the glass of the matrix, is it possible to disassemble and clean it? Maybe someone faced with dust on this year's models and successfully cleaned it?

The position of the service center: "The display of this device itself is a non-separable part in the conditions of the Authorized service center ... The cost of replacing the display module is $ 800."

https://youtu.be/KyzI1tIQsBM

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

How frustrating! we’ve seen this a number of times on earlier ranges, but not on this range yet.

It is classed as a ‘bonded’ unit, but in reality, the glass surface is bonded to the LCD panel around the edges, but the backlight diffuser sheets are not ‘sealed’ or ‘bonded’. So you can strip it down from behind. (It does frustrate me the way ASP and AASP providers push the ‘bonded’ excuse for dust and marks stating its ‘impossible’, but its just not the case)

But in truth, without a clean room environment, you’d risk leaving a lot more behind than just a small bug, as when you open the layers it is much more susceptible to dust and dark patches. We’ve done it before, but its not a fun process…

I’d suggest trying to lightly tap the glass to see if it will drop down, as it is likely touching either the glass or LCD surface. Hopefully it will drop out of the viewable area to the edge of the panel.

Thanks,

“but the backlight diffuser sheets are not ‘sealed’ or ‘bonded’. So you can strip it down from behind.” yes, I also found such information.

“I’d suggest trying to lightly tap the glass to see if it will drop down, as it is likely touching either the glass or LCD surface. Hopefully it will drop out of the viewable area to the edge of the panel.” I also had such an idea )))

Maybe I will sort out the display a little bit so as to shake it out.

Aleksandr will be eternally grateful.