Kia's version of the Hyundai Sonata.

My speedometer and odometer quit working?

As I was driving my speedometer and odometer both quit working is this something computerized or a cable that needs to be replaced?

Most Helpful Answer

I do believe that this is computerized. All instruments are controlled by a computer/ If you have lost the speedometer, more than likely you have a bad speed sensor located in the top of the transmission. You can change yourself by unscrewing it from the transmission trans. It will have 3 wires going to it and 1 wire is brown, 1 is black/white. The only other thing would be a defective instrument cluster. There is also a way to reprogram your cluster, but that again will involve special tools. The best way of getting this evaluated is by having a garage check this with their sensors. Also, you could try a shop like Autozone who offer free engine analyzes. Good Luck to you.

try to check battery voltage if alternator overcharges ( max 15.5 volt ) this may be a reason.

It is probably going to be your reverse lights switch that was my problem they run off the same fuse my switch was stuck causing the lights to stay on and blow the fuse

rufus422000 will be eternally grateful.