Parts & Tools

4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

iPhone SE touchscreen unresponsive, white stripe on right side

A friend’s kid dropped her IPhone SE and now the touch screen doesn’t work. There is one solid white bar down the right side of the screen. No sign of actual damage, other buttons work fine.

I cracked it open and it did look like the digitizer connection was loose, as was the rear camera (the rubber bracket wasn’t connected). No apparent damage though. Reconnected everything properly, put it all back together and no change.

Any chance there is something else to check that could be loose? I don’t want to replace the screen unless I absolutely have to.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

First thing to try would be to replace the screen as the most common cause of this…

Mike Weinand will be eternally grateful.