Just doesn’t boot up!
Notebook used for just normal day to day activities. No Gaming, extra gadgets.
Has run into completely non-bootable state.
: Every single time, dumps blue screen but with different error codes. Also, after dumping, hangs in the blue screen itself. Can restart only with hard press of power button.
- using F12 doesn’t work most of the time. Often, System hangs at Lenovo Splash screen. When it goes into boot menu, can change values, but Save & Exit always hangs.
: Occasionally, on hard restart, a message ‘system is being repaired’ comes just below Lenovo icon on the splash screen. Shows additional screen with options. Entering any options (recovery, reset, restore last good recovery point etc) always ends up in one more blue screen.
: Following happens with each of these options:
- Normal Start up —> Dumps blue screen always
- Boot Menu —> Can enter, change values (e.g disable Fast Boot etc), but exiting with Save - F10 - always hangs.
- Boot Options —> Shows boot from hard disk & boot from USB options. Booting from HDD always dumps blue screen. Booting from recovery media (tried with both media created from Microsoft website as well as one bought from Lenovo service). But always hangs or shows blue screen .
- Recover system —> Always hangs. Hard restart is the only option.
: for past couple of days, most of the times I try to boot directly or thru one key recovery, screen stays blank, but keyboard lights keep flashing. Hard press restart is the only option.
Is this a good question?