Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

I got a new screen and it came with a big black patch on the bottom

The screen got shipped in and I put everything on perfectly and it has a black spot on the bottom, I’m guessing this was from the LOCA or glue used to secure the glass to the lcd as it is a original lcd with a fixed glass but does anyone have any other ideas why this could be happening?.

Actually, that looks like a backlight issue. Nobody uses LOCA anymore and serious refurbishing centers have been using OCA for a long time now.

If you bought this screen from iFixit, please contact iFixit support, they will help you out.

I would return it for a new screen.

Return it however theres also a white patch that looks like pressure on the other side so ensure when u fit the replacement the flex is folded correctly and theres nothing at the back of it pushing at the back of the screen. White patch next to the June 1 :)

@c9679 I think that's just a reflection...it's looks too bright compared to the usual "white spot" caused by pressure.

Lol I only commented cos I thought it was my screen and I cleaned it and then thought that looks odd lol and it's around the usual spot where u would get patches and it looked yellow around the edges lol

savion strupp will be eternally grateful.