The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

after cleaning the keyboard with foam.... two keys don't work

the Shift key and the R key generates only a R (Uppercase)

May I open the computer and review the keyboard?

May I dismount the Keys individually?

I have applied air duster to remove any dust or any thing under the keys.... but nothing happens.

I am desperate

Alejandra

from Chile

I don't know your skill level but I am including a URL for a keyboard rebuild similar to yours. After looking at it if you feel confident go for it. I would just do the two keys you are having trouble with so you would still have a working computer if you should have problems. And as a temp solution you could use a external USB keyboard. Good luck. Ralph

http://geektechnique.org/index.php?id=16...

thank you Ralph.

In fact I am already using an external USB keyboard.

About the URL.... well I am not that confident....

though the keyboard there is not the same that the one MacBook has.

The final solution is replace the keyboard.

One conclusion and advice: never trust on the FOAM CLEANER (specially conceived for keyboards!!!). It is not good for the Mac portables.

Alejandra

I don't have an answer to this question, but my son's 13" MacBook (passed down to him from me) has the same issue with the Left Shift and R keys producing upper case R's. Also, the left shift key initiates the dashboard. Has anyone else out there experienced this issue, and is there a working solution? I really don't want to start pulling ut keys from the keyboard.

Alejandra will be eternally grateful.