The Shark Pet Perfect II (SV780) is an 18V lightweight, cordless hand vacuum that can carry out powerful cleaning.

Runs for only one second

Shark 18 volt vacuum will turn on, run for one second, and then turn off.

It’s an 18 volt hand held. Shark, model SV780_N. I thought it might be a bad switch. When I took it apart, I found the switch has a circuit board attached to it. Is this some kind of overload cutout? When I jumper across the switch(bypassing the circuit board) it will keep running, meaning the battery is good.

Most Helpful Answer

Paul Nowack  there really is not enough information on here. It sounds like a bad battery. It may not supply the required voltage needed and may fail under a load. Let us know what exact model this is and what you have checked.

Thanks for the updated information. Would have been great to know ahead of time :-)

Post some good images of the switch PCB. Possibly some bad component on it and you should try to use a multimeter to see where the switch circuit is on that PCB.

Adding images to an existing question

Paul Nowack will be eternally grateful.