D1760-2 DECT 6.0 Cordless Home phone with caller ID.

How to increase how many time the phone rings

My phone only rings 4 times before going to message bank. How do I increase the amount of rings?

The Essential Toolkit

The most helpful tools in our most compact kit.

The Essential Toolkit

In standby mode go to Menu > Answering Setup > Ring Time and select either 2, 4 or 6 rings.

Credit to @jayeff for having answered this before.

How do I change the number of rings?

Hi @ambientprotect ,

The answer in the link was for a phone just not ringing long enough before its' answering machine responds to the caller and not for a phone service which has a messagebank (voicemail) facility answering too soon

Thanks for the credit though ;-)

Cheers

Haha my bad @jayeff thanks for letting me know.

Hi @ambientprotect ,

Not your bad at all. Looks like you were right as the answer was accepted by the OP.

It's just that I've never heard of a phone's answer machine recorded messages being called a "message bank", usually it is just referred to as "the recorded messages" or even "the phone messages".

Here "Messagebank" is a name used by one telco to describe its' Voicemail service.

Terminology, go figure ;-)

Most Helpful Answer

If your incoming phone calls go to Messagebank (Voicemail) too soon, you need to go to your landline phone service provider’s website (or call them) and search for how to extend the ringtime on your landline phone if you have a voicemail facility associated with the phone service.

Each service provider has their own code that you have to dial.

If your landline phone service is connected to Telstra Australia and has the Messagebank facility, here’s the procedure:

1: Pick up the phone and press * 99

2: Enter the number of seconds you wish the phone to ring before a call is diverted (between 5 and 60 seconds).

3: Press # and hang up.

newtrev69 will be eternally grateful.