The Canon EOS Rebel T2i is a continuation of Canon's entry-level line of DSLR cameras, the Rebel series. Also known as the EOS 550D and the EOS Kiss X4.

The correct glue to use for rubber hand grip re-attachment

The rubber hand grip on the back or the camera where you normally put your thumb as come off. What is the kind of adhesive or glue you would use to re-attached that

Hi There, I would suggest using a good quality double sided adhesive tape, this is what most manufacturers would use.

Most Helpful Answer

If you don't ever want it to come apart again, you can use an automotive weatherstrip adhesive. Use sparingly on plastic as it can damage it if not used lightly. It's primarily made for rubber to metal or painted metal surfaces, but I use it for much more. The strongest is 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. The tube is rather large and 3M is not the cheapest product. Permatex makes an identical product in the same size for significant savings. Automotive parts supply stores and automotive departments in a Wal*Mart type store are places it's available. Following instuctions, you'll coat both surfaces lightly and let it dry (about 1 to 2 minutes). Then apply a small amount to one surface only and bond/assemble. It's ready in a minute. Cleanup with acetone (nail polish remover). Oh, it's available in yellow or black (which one shouldn't matter if you use it right and it doesn't show when finished!).

The 3M adhesive works very well. Contact cement should work for this application too.

Any idea where I can get a replacement rubber thumb pad for the rear of 550d?

I bought the rubber grips on the right side on eBay…

New Main Front Right Grip Rubber and Back Holding Rear Grip For Canon EOS 550D

US $15,99

https://www.ebay.it/itm/New-Main-Front-R...

…while, the rubber that repairs the lower left corner is not available online but is not even supplied by Canon!?

In fact, the Milan Service Center declares that it was part of the front cover, but it is no longer available!?

These parts come off because the rubber is deformed and it is outrageous that the Canon does not want to adequately support its customers!

I came across this blog. My D810 cf cards holder rubber grip is also coming apart from the cover. You would think buying an 3K camera this problem shouldn’t arise to hunt us. Thanks for the info I will use the double a

cmoore will be eternally grateful.