0

Adam
1

The television will not turn on, power light blinks 10 times (red)

From my preliminary research, I think it has to do with a fuse and the internal power supply. Anyone have any instructions on how to replace it/what parts I need to buy?

I also found this guide:

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/51jf...

Is it worth me persuing individually, or should I just take it to a repair shop?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , mayer ( ) , Adam ( )

well it would depend how well versed you are in troubleshooting and board replacement as well as trying to find the right board. I would use a manual to at least narrow down the problem, and try to find the cost for a board.Then compare that to the cost for the shop repair. Benefit to professional repair is that it is "hopefully" done right and you will have some sort of warranty.

Hi ! My name is Juan, My TV Polaroid Mod.tc-P50x5,red Ligth blinking 5 timne.Please help me.

Juan,

3

This is what I get from the Panasonic 9th generation plasma "If any of the SUB or MAIN voltages that are high-lighted on the DG Board is missing, the unit goes into shutdown.The power LED blinks ten times.

If any of the voltages created on the PA Board is excessive or shorted, the unit goes into shut-down. The power LED blinks ten times." Here is a training manual for the Panasonic 9th gen Plasma TV and it will show you all the testing points as well as ideas of where to look for the error on your TV. As with any TV, be careful of anything high Voltage and watch yourself. Just posted the complete service manual on here for you. Stay Safe and good luck

@oldturkey23 I have a similar problem and tried to access the guides you posted but I don't have access to them. Can you re post them or give me access to the documents ? ? Thanks in advance !!!!

sigfried,

sigfried, they should be back up. I do have to turn them off after a few weeks to make room for new manuals.

Hi I just encountered the same problem. Is there any way you can put the manual back up?

NatLee,

2

sam ashwood
25

power light blinking 10 times, i removed the back of my panasonic viera 42" tv and using a make up brush and low power hoover removed all the dust, fluff and debris from the fans and boards. switched it on and it now works perfectly, its def worth a try.

I want to thank you for your feedback regarding the 42" Panasonic Viera. My biggest problem was getting all the screws out of the back. Once I did I used a makeup brush and the low suction attachment on my Shark vacuum to completely clean all boards, vents, and particularly the fans. It worked like a charm, my plasma seems brand new again. Thank you to whoever is responsible for this forum and to all other contributors for their helpful comments and advice. You have saved me a fortune I didn't have to spend on a repairman or a new t.v...Thanks again!!

Anne Westwood,

my Panasonic has had the same problem cleaned fans and circuit boards and any where l could get with a new paint brush and vacuum.I started it up everything back to normal.I live in a remote area you have saved me $60 freight each way and the repair guys bill. big THANKS. It was pretty dusty back there again thanks

Stephen,

I have a 55 inch Panasonic plasma hdtv it suddenly stop working it doesn't turn on and there was never a red blinking light does anyone know how to fix this problem I already tried unplugging the tv holding the power button for ten seconds nothing works please if anyone has a solution to my problem I wo appreciate any suggestions.

Raquel ,

Would appreciate it sorry.

Raquel ,

It could be a fuse. Google your TV name and model to see where the fuse is located. Also, as far as vacuuming, you need to take the back of the TV off then vacuum out the fans. Plug it in without the back on to see if the fans work- if not you need to replace the fans. If none of this helps you may have a fried motherboard which you can replace but you may just want to purchase a new TV. Hope this helps!

BaK,

0

BaK
1

The same thing happened to my Panasonic. Some say to hold the power button in for 10 seconds to reset it and that usually works. Sometimes it needs to be done a few times. My resolution was to plug it into a different circuit in the house. Obviously there was too many compnents on the same circuit and TVs (good ones), will protect themselves from frying and have to be reset. If the new circuit area is working for you in another adjacent room, just tap off of that one and install an new outlet in the room in which the TV is. Think positive! It's not always the Red Light Death!"

Hope this helps!

Changed power outlet - worked great. Must have had overloaded power strip.

leftystephen,

0

Rod Cortez
1

Both of these solutions worked great! I moved the power supply connection to a different circuit and used a portable vacuum to clean the dust from all of the vents on the back of the tv.

Thanks for your help as I had planned watching a full slate of college football today!

0

Michael Bueltel
1

I don't know how many times it actually blinked...but I unplugged it for a few seconds...plugged it back in, it was still blinking and wouldn't turn on. Unplugged it again but left it unplugged for much longer. Plugged it in again and now it works fine.

This could be due to me having a different media center PC linked to this plug in. I think the power on it is much more powerful than the old one. But I havent had any other problems other than this.

Michael Bueltel,

0

aidan
1

Panasonic TH- P50G10A

Read all the forums and now believe its all a crok. I had a 10 blink issue just started turned on the telly in the morning and it comes on for 5 seconds then turns off 10 blink warning. Read all the crap about board this and capacitor that so tried the reset. no change.

Unplugged the telly for 30 mins Took off the back used a small art brush to loosen all dust and vaccumed carefully especially the fans up the top. Put it all back together and then voila it all worked perfectly, incidentially I have a xbox, ps3, foxtel box, surround sound and wii all plugged in at the same time

Thank you very much for your answers guys, my TV had the same issue where standby light is blinking and TV is not turning on. I used the process as you all to clean the fan at the back of the TV. It worked guys now my TV is working. Thx again guys

aka,

I guess all you read was not all a CROCK OR CRAP...

Mike Hutchinson,

Thankyou so much for this info. My same tv did blink thing and I was !#^&@@ big time my husband wanted to buy a brand new tv when this ones only 5 years old. I took off the about 1000 screws, used a makeup brush to softly brush out dust( and there was gobs of it), while I held the suction hose of the vac to catch it as it was removed. I just put the panel back on and every screw in now to get my husband up to hook it back up and turn it on. I'm praying it works. We tried all the other stuff mentioned. My back is killing me now by the way. I'm going to plug it in when I can move again.

Tammy Johnson,

0

donnie smith
1

I went into freak out mode when my 4 year old, rarely used 42 inch Panasonic plasma did the same thing. I did the whole "depress the power button for 10 seconds" "unplugged it for long periods of time" and "plug it into a different circuit" Boom! Still the same problem. I unplugged it one last time and I got up and went to Best Buy to possibly buy a new tv. Once there after seeing the super low prices of better technology 42 inch tv's I thought maybe it was time to purchase something new anyway. After about an hour in Best Buy, I decided not to buy anything new and there is no way my 4 year old Panasonic was broken and needed a repair shop. When I got back home after being away about 3 hours, I plugged it back in with no true expectation that it would work. Boom! It's still not working!. I did the "depress the power button" again, still nothing. So I gave up and unhooked all the components (Comcast Cable Box, Sony Google TV player and a Samsung Blu Ray player, all connected via HDMI) and carried it to an unused room in my home and made room for another TV. Once in the other room I plugged it in and Boom! It worked. So now I'm really puzzled.

To possibly narrow down the problem, because it was too heavy to carry back and forth, I hooked it up to an extension cord and plugged it back into the same circuit that it was initially plugged into and it was still working. I re-hooked the Sony Google TV player to it and it still worked. I then took the TV back to its original spot and reconnected all of the components to it and it worked fine.

The only thing that I can think was the problem was the long period of time that it was disconnected and the fact that after I did the reset, I unplugged it again and re - plugged it regardless to where it was plugged it worked. Because now it's in the original spot and working fine.

The only other thing I can think of is it was originally within close proximity (not on top) of a floor heat register. I have since moved it about 6 more inches away from it.

I guess you have to be patient and try a combination of simple things to remedy the problem before you start removing the back of the TV and replacing boards, fuses, circuits (especially if you have no experience). And as the BB salesperson placing it on craigslist to sale for parts or even placing it on the curb for trash. It could be something very simple. But a new 40 inch Samsung Smart TV for $300 less than I paid for the Panasonic sure sounded good.

Edited by: donnie smith ( )

Are you kidding dude? Plasma still blows LCD/LED out of the water in terms picture quality. I learnt the hard way! And besides 42" is the sweet point for 1080P resolution.

mike,

0

schecter yair
1

I had similar problem. TV red light blink but the tv does not start. It'a must be because of the dust on the circules. I bught a anti static spree for electronic devices and used it on the back of the tv, even only throw the cracks for vent on the back and it's working

I just cleaned the $@$* out of my tv just like everyone said and it worked for the 2 hours and 45 mins it's taken me to watch boyhood, everything crossed for Tomorrow

Mickey helaith ,

0

gytaru
1

Thanks! it help me!

0

Mark
1

Knowing I work on computers and electronics, a buddy gave me his '08 TH-42PZ80U when it started getting the 2 and 10 blink errors and the makeup brush trick didn't work for him. I followed this Youtube channels advice; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8h...

TV powered up. Ordered the full capicator kit for $10 off eBay. The cheapest 42" Plasma I've ever owned.

0

BaK
1

I had the same problem and it was the fans in the back of the unit. You can easily order them and replace them yourself. Look at the back of the unit first to make sure it is one or more of the fans not working. Otherwise it may be a fuse or an overloaded circuit. Hope this helps...!

0

lykho635
1

I have Panasonic 42 in. Plasma TV for more than 8 years now and never gave me any problem until this month, will turn on few seconds then off, same 10x blinks and nothing. I did all the easy fix, vacuum the back TV, plugged to different outlet and it worked. Two weeks later , it gave me the same problem again. My next option was to unplug the TV for 2-3 days as what some people suggested, but it's hard to imagine no TV for few days? After 4 hours I tried again but still not working. There are many components attached to the TV, (my nephew is an electronic junkie even though he does not live with me). I tried removing the attached Ruko, and Turned on the TV and it WORKED. My nephew couldn't believe I fixed the problem myself as I am a senior citizen auntie who does not know about electronics. Thanks to all who posted their comments, I was able to get some ideas.

0

Naader Taaheri
1

Somebody!Anybody?! Please help!

I have a TXP50VT20B,PANASONIC TV ,WHICHDOES NOT TURN ON & SHOWS THE 10 RED LIGHT BLINKS & THEN GOES OFF. In cold weather I carried it in the warm climate of my hose ,from outside & I noticed the moist had coveredall the outer side of the tellywhich I dried it completely& after 45 minutes plugged & turned it on . For the first 35 second it started to find channels & worked normaly but turned off & started giving me the 10 blinks

failure code(the order of two fingers?!

I opened the back of it & cleaned it off the dust & debries (gingerly),Nojoy.

Left it alone for 48 hours,no joy, pressed & hold the turning on botton for 10 -15 second ,

Still no joy .

Would anybody please forward any Ideas to sort it out ?!(For Xmas sake!!)

Many thanx

Ned

When my 50inch Plasma had the 10 red blinks problem it was due to 2 of the 3 fans not working. I replaced the faulty fans with two sourced from the internet and it now works fine. They are the same as pc fans, just make sure they are identical.

PTW,

0

falko hoernicke
1

Although it has been mentioned here a million times I would like to add something: Have a 6 years old Pana Plasma. When it is cold it turns on no problem. Occasionally I accidentally turn it of and right back on. Here it starts to blink green for 3-4 seconds, clicks and ends up with the red flashing. Up until tonight that was no big deal. Turned the main power switch off, waited for a minuted, turned it back on, perfect. BUT NOT TONIGHT! Unplugged it, turned if of for 30+minutes. Nothing. I thought: Okay, another 2,000 down the drain for a new one.

But I followed these comments and unplugged it, unscrew the back, cleaned everything with a vacuum cleaner and a small brush (very carefully, there are a lot of tiny parts back there) und put it back together. Also I put the TV at the very front of my multiple socket outlet and it worked perfectly fine.

I assume some dust causes overheating or maybe even some sort of shortage (there was really a lot of fine dust) and maybe there were too many other things attached to the multiple socket outlet before the TV. IDK. Seems to work. Can put money in my IRA. Hahaha

0

michaelboscoe
1

I have the same problem but my Humax satellite box and sony video player both work giving a normal picture. It's the TV tuner which does not turn on. Ideas please!

Try spraying the IF board with freeze spray first. Also, check for any loose connections on the IF Board. Here's a video on replacing the tuner- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeKq9YDZM.... Hope this helps!

BaK,

0

Mike Davis
1

None of the vacuuming/cleaning/button holding/TV-moving/unplugging worked for me. I tend to be the exception and not the rule with a lot of things, and this seems to be right on par. I'm a skeptic by nature so I wasn't sure how this would work. All my fans spin freely, tried 3 power outlets, unplugged for 3 hours... Nothing. Well, may just have to get a new TV. Anyone want this one?

0

Sally
1

Here is the simple 5 step process we follow when this happens to our plasma tv. It works every time.

1) Completely unplug EVERYTHING connected to the tv, including HDMI cables

2) Press and hold the power button on the tv for 10 seconds

3) Plug power cord ONLY back in to TV

4) Turn tv on.

5) Plug in all other cables at this time.

It is helpful to use a good surge protector with this tv. It still goes out occasionally but not as much.

If the process does not work, wait longer (like an hour) after unplugging everything

0

Sylvia Wilson
1

I have a 45inch panasonic tv cable box works but tv doesn't come on the red light keeps blinking, i tried resetting it didn't work, clean the back doesn't work. Please help.