Repair guides and support for Lenovo's line of consumer-oriented laptops, the IdeaPad series, first announced January 2008.

Why does my laptop only work when plugged in?

i have a Lenovo ideapad 320S laptop which only works when the power adaptor is plugged in. When I remove the plug, the laptop will remain on for about another 5 minutes before shutting down quickly (despite the fact it shows 100% battery). I recently took it to currys pc world in which they claimed to have fixed it yet when I took it home the problem arose again (I’m guessing they plugged the power adapter in straight away to investigate the issue rather than seeing how the laptop worked on battery alone)

wondering if if there’s anything I can do myself or whether the laptop just needs a new battery ?

many thanks

this is a good question/ but what is the answer?

Most Helpful Answer

Most of the time, when a full charge only last a couple of minutes, it means that the battery is dead and needs to be replaced. With the information given, it sounds like this is the case.

To prevent batteries from dying faster in the future, try not to keep the laptop plugged in after the computer has been charged to 100%

Yeah you need a new battery I just looked it up and you need a new battery.

Leyla will be eternally grateful.