Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Is it safe to fix a touch ic ordered online into your iPhone?

My iPhone 6 plus is facing the famous touch disease, most probably because it is bent. I found a few sellers on AliExpress selling cheap touch ic which I am going to tell a repair shop to fix inside. I am ok with experimenting and losing my iPhone. But can introducing such a part have any disastrous effects except losing the iPhone like exploding etc. just want to make sure.

For example- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-bla...

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

If a repair shop can fix a “touch disease” issue, it won’t ask you to purchase the relevant IC, whoever can do the job will have it in stock, will grab one from a donor board or simply reball the original one, I wouldn’t bother about the purchase. Touch disease requires some bridging, usually the IC itself is not bad. However, if you really want to purchase one, replacement ICs sold by vendors are usually reliable.

Agree, the current best practice is to remove the IC, jumper the M1 trace and reball the original IC.

Thanks for the answer. Actually the shop did not ask for the IC. I am buying it to save money, bcoz its like 5 bucks for the IC

lollipop will be eternally grateful.