TV has failed, what is this a symptom of?

Hi all, looking for some advice.

My TV (LG 42LS570T) today has suddenly lost picture and looks like the attached image.

Power works, backlight works, but no image is being displayed only vertical grey bars, I cannot seem to get any sound out of it either, but I cannot confirm sound due to not being able to ensure I am selecting a source with audio, I cannot see what source I am selecting.

I have had the back off and checked over the boards and nothing appears to have blown on the PSB, there is no obvious signs of damage or heat.

There doesn't appear to be any loose connections anywhere either.

I have searched google and it hasn't really helped to clear anything up, as far as I can tell I could have one of many problems here;

dead capacitors somewhere?

T Con board faulty?

Main board faulty?

I build PC’s so as far as fixing this myself I am more than confident enough replacing a particular board, as long as it is economically viable, but individual electronic components goes beyond my confidence, especially considering I don’t even own a soldering iron.

Can anybody shed any light on what the most likely problem is and whether or not a straight board swap of the prime suspect should fix it?

Thanks,

Carl.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

Most Helpful Answer

Actually this is the most difficult part when you don’t have a proper tools to work with.

But I will try to explain it. Something happen with the main chip (loosen) see attached

with arrow (that is the loosen parts) You have to re-solder its pin or re-hot with hot air station, don’t forget to put some flux on itIf you don’t have the proper tools then it just like having a soup with your finger.

I hope this can answer your problem.

Carl Flegg will be eternally grateful.