My compaq dvd player has corrupt files in reg
i need to know how to deleted bad files in reg
Is this a good question?
There is no easy way about it. You could reinstall your OS or you could use many of the registry cleaning software, depending on your registry and which files are corrupt. Also, of course, which OS you are having. I would start with "Hijack This" and a malware/spyware scanner like "search and destroy" if I would have to fix my Windows registry. If you know which entries are corrupted. you can use regedit under windows to edit those entries. Again, not easy unless you know where the error is. Good Luck
Or you could of course try this too "uninstalled the drive from Device Manager, rebooted the computer, and the problem remained, so obviously it appeared to be a registry issue that I would have to solve. If you are receiving this Code 39 error and your CD or DVD drive is missing and has a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager, I hope this information is useful.
To solve this Code 39 error, follow these instructions:
NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone" Good Luck and more info is always good. ;-)
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 0
All Time: 1,100