Keyboard not working at all, powerbutton/trackpad works

I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2010 with a faulty keyboard. Not a single key is working. I'm almost certain it's the keyboard itself. The trackpad is working, but the weird thing is that the power button also is working fine. The power button is connected to the keyboard and goes through the same ribbon to the motherboard. If I fiddle the ribbon around a bit, strings of text are appearing on the screen.

What could cause this issue? And more importantly, how can I fix it?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

Yes that ribbon cable can be thought of as many cables laid side by side and glued together. Lets pretend there are 20 cables making up the ribbon cable. Power button might be sent though its own wire #20 while the keyboard letters could take up #1-15 if just #1-15 are kinked or broken the power button would work but not the keyboard keys.

this issue is caused by damage to the ribbon cable or keyboard itself, you will have to replace the keyboard

here is a good resource if you plan on replacing yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgVGHIPw...

Roan de Graaf will be eternally grateful.