Parts & Tools

Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

side by side samsung water dispenser will not stop shooting water

I have a Samsung rsg257aars side by side water dispenser will not stop dispensing. I heard that filter not sealing can cause this. I replaced the filter and it work fine for a few days then started again. I also tried a Samsung brand filter ($50 from Lowes) still no luck. I am thinking about replacing the filter housing next but I wanted to check here before shelling out another $70. It does the same thing without a filter.

More info. The ice dispenser works fine so that ruled out the microswitch. I even tested the microswitch separately with a meter. works perfect,

I look forward to hearing from some more experienced folks out there

Any update? We have the same issue. Replaced the water filter and was ok for a week only. Repair man wants $500 for the water valve but says he isn't sure it will correct the problem.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I’m not sure how much water you’re getting, this Samsung help page is about an unruly dispenser, sounds like you may have already tried a lot, but here’re their recommendations:

• Make sure the ice dispenser is sealed properly, and the fridge is level and not the source of drips
  • Purge air from the line by running the dispenser into a bucket
  • Inspect the water line couplers that pass through the door

I had the same problem of water continuously shooting out the dispenser. I pulled out the fridge and turned off the water supply. After reading this post, I installed a new (generic) water filter, opened the shut off valve and…. Wa Lah, it works properly now!!! Thanks…

Be sure to turn the filter on all of the way, there is a small detent at first but you must continue to rotate the filter about a quarter of a turn to fully seat the filter.

david vanecek will be eternally grateful.