Charging Port and Charger smells burnt

Please Help!

I tried to charge my phone but when i did, there was a burnt smell coming from the charger and the charging port. It rained today but i don’t know if water got into the port. I can’t really afford a whole new phone so i was hoping that someone could help me.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

I would suggest powering the phone down if it did get wet. There’s a myth that putting it in a bag of rice overnight would help absorb any liquid. I did that when my phone got soaked and the speakers sounded like they were blown out. The next day it was back to normal. As for the burning port, you might want to take it in to your local phone provider to do some testing. I hope this helps.

Meghna Reji will be eternally grateful.