MBP won't turn on
I have a problem with my MacBook Pro 13” retina late 2012.
The system turned off with MagSafe cable plugged (battery was 100%) and I cannot bring it up again.
- SMC and PRAM reset
- Another cable
- Disconnect the battery connector from the logic board and connect him again
What confuses me: The light on the MagSafe is always Green. I just left the system for few days, so the battery can discharged a little bit. Plugged in the MagSafe cable and it goes directly to green.
Last checked the power cycles from the battery, there was about 2300.
Maybe it’s only the battery and this needs a replacement?
Thank You for the answers.
- Disconnect the battery from logic board
- Plug-in MagSafe cable while battery is disconnected
- Press power button. When he comes up, it’s a battery issue and I will replace it.
When the plan doesnt work, it’s maybe a keyboard or in worst case a logic board issue.
I already tried to connect an external keyboard and a display (HDMI) - forgot this in the list from my post, but it doesn’t work either.
Thank you and kind regards,
Tried now the following from the last post.
- Disconnect the battery connector from logic board
- Tried with plugged in MagSafe cable to turn on — not working
The light from MagSafe was Amber during the test. So I tested SMC reset again. The light was going to Green and back to Amber.
But I still can’t turn on. I connected the battery again and try it again. Nothing worked.
Is this a good question?