Customer says phone sometimes won’t charge?

So I got this phone and they told me it sometimes won’t charge, so to change the charge port. When I first got the phone sometimes it wouldn’t charge, I took the battery out and it’s not doing that anymore but I’m hesistant to send it back until I have tested the charge port. How do i test for a faulty charge port if the phone is completely charging? If I send it back I’m hoping it won’t return to not charging when they get the phone back.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

The battery is the weakest link so by changing the battery and the phone now charges correctly, you probably have solved the problem completely. You could try to overlay a replacement charge port (no need to do a full install) to see if that makes any difference.

Intermittent problems are always the worst kind of problem and the only way to know for certain is to give it time. Either let the customer try it out, under the expectation that it may come back, or have the customer leave the device with you for a few days so you can test it under several charge cycles.

Jesus flores will be eternally grateful.