Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for the OnePlus 5T, an Android smartphone with a 6.01" AMOLED display released in November 2017. Successor to the OnePlus 5.

Issues with screen after replacing

I'm experiencing some issues after replacing my screen. I'm getting a lot of ghost touches when scrolling, and every few days the screen goes crazy with clicks. Completely unusable. Can't do anything but hard reboot which fixes it. The Keyboard is a bit off. Most gestures work, but only if you use a different one each time. Example: You can't use 'V' twice in a row. You have to do a different gesture each time or it won't respond. Music gestures don't work at all.

Everything else works as it should.

Any idea what could be causing it?

Manta Driver Kit

112 bits for every fix.

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Manta Driver Kit

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Probably needs the digitizer cable reset. OnePlus 5T Teardown here is the tear down video if you feel like doing it yourself. The LCD able is around 3:43. If that doesn’t do it it is probably an issue with the motherboard connector or the LCD connector itself. My guess would be that it is not seated properly.

Liam Mooney will be eternally grateful.