The Smart Oven® with Element IQ® is a trustworthy tool for the cook who wants a countertop oven that roasts succulent meat, broils, bake pizza, reheas leftovers and toasts evenly. Convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%. Model: BOV800XL

Thermal fuse or other component?

Display lights up and accepts function settings but none of the elements come on so no heat. I was going to replace the thermal fuse but when I opened the back/side of the housing, I noticed a blackened patch on the board (see photo).

Could use some help diagnosing the problem. Thanks!

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

My guess is that the white sleeve covers a push-on spade connector which is loose, causing it to get hot. If you pull it off, clean it up and squeeze it slightly with a pair of pliers, you should be able to make it fit much more tightly and make a better contact.

Thanks Philip. I lifted the sleeve and there is a push-on spade that is loose. There also appears to be loose “crusty” material under the board beneath the connection. I tried to pull the spade up and off but it is resisting. Should I just apply more pressure and pull harder?

I would be careful about pulling it to much as we don't want the connector to break.

Kevin C will be eternally grateful.