1

Moris
13

Why is my iPhone not charging?

I plugged it in to charge one day and it just stopped charging.The battery ran down and it was dead.Someone took out the battery charged it and the phone worked normal until the battery died

Does your phone show the charging icon when it is plugged into an AC power source?

Scott Head,

It sync with iTunes.Once power in the battery it works normal.I was told that it is the power IC that cause it not to charge.

Moris,

Hello, I have the same problem with an iPhone 4, the charging dock seemed to be defective, so I replaced it, but it didn't change anything; the phone dosent charge... I tried to change the battery, same thing here... If someone has a solution, it would be very nice to share it with us !

Thomas,

1

Garry
877
iDoctor, LLC.

Inspect the charging port to make sure that is not the problem. Does it sync with iTunes or show up in your computer? If work has been done on it before it's possible the ground connector on the battery was not replaced and that could also affect it's ability to charge.

Well,it sync with iTunes.Once power in the battery it works normal.I was told that it is the power IC that cause it not to charge.I would want to know the best and cheapest fix

Moris,

0

ryan
1

I just synced with itunes over wifi and now it started to charge again :D

0

layal dahi
1

I have a similar problem, my iPhone 4 isn't charging. It's about to die cause it has 10 percent left in its battery life. I tried plugging it in this morning to charge it because it was at 20 percent. But i didn't notice it wasn't charging until 10 percent of battery life popped up on my phone. Then i noticed the charging icon wasn't there. I've tried charging it from my car adapter, from my wall cable and the computer wire as well. iTunes also isn't loading when i plug my phone into the computer. Please if someone can help me that would be amazing. My mom didn't but insurance on it because i promised i'd take really good care of it. i just want a second chance. :( so i'm positive she's not willing to pay 400+ dollars to replace it. And this phone is BRAND NEW. LIKE A WEEK OLD. She's going to be so upset at me :'( Please Please Please help.:(

0

David Torres
1

in most cases your charging dock is filled with lint where the cord goes, all you have to do is gently clean it out, and charge it, if that does not work simply manually restore or manually reset it. if that does not help send your iPhone back to apple and have it replaced

0

Damon Black
1

I get the iPhone is not charing problem solved from http://www.any-data-recovery.com/tips/ip...

Hoping it can help you too.

Edited by: Damon Black ( )

0

Annonomus
1

the phone will stop charging if the contacts become dirty or the cable port gets excessive lint in it. With an old clean soft bristle toothbrush, hold the iphone so the cable port is facing down, and gently sweep the cable port out. blow out the port after with fast hard breaths.

plug back in and Wa-La !! if that doesnt work it may be the cable but I recommend the cleaning anyway.