0

amogh chaugule
1

Can I fix my display affected by drowning in water?

My iPhone 3G got drowned in water for a few seconds. I immediately switched it Off.Then I tried to dry it by blowing in the docking connector area. it kept on turning On & Off automatically for some time. I opened the front cover (thanx to iFixit!)and there was not much damage. not much water trapped. However the LCD top right part is affected.(see images here ) the touch works but it looks like the water is spreading in nearby areas on LCD.

Shall i wait before i switch it On again? is my Display damaged permanently? what should i do? HELP needed urgently !!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , amogh chaugule ( )

2

pollytintop

if you look at this guide you'll see a LCD that looks damaged..it's not, it just needs a wipe to remove the watermark. If you can see a water mark on the LCD then it is likely you have "watermarks" on your internal components...water isn't just the liquid, it's the minerals too. So drying doesn't stop the damage from slowly eating your components... it's up to you. Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

Thanx a tonn scott & polly, i could actually use your advice and my iPHone is perfectly fine now. I kept it in a jar with dry rice for 2-3 days and then switched it on. It worked fine. Even the LCD watermarks has gone completely. Thanx Again Amogh

amogh chaugule,

Great job Amogh, all you have left to do is now to Accept the Answer that helped the most, This way people that are looking for answers will see what works. Good Luck and Great Job.

1

Scott Head

Water damage is tricky, but if you are saying that the phone is working aside from the LCD, replacing just the LCD may solve it. You want to make sure it is completely dry before you turn it on. Don't mess with it until it is 100% dry.

iPhone 3G Display

iPhone 3G Display

LCD panel / Does not include touch portion of display or the metal backing plate. — 8 available at 29.95 each.