Repair and support for the controllers that shipped with the PS3. Released in November 2007 (Japan only) and 2008 (other countries), the six-axis lithium battery powered controller (CECHZC2) is straightforward to repair.

Analog stick replacement CECHZC2E

I disassembled my PS3 Dualshock 3 controller, because the left analog stick has broken, and didn’t move back to the middle position. (Looks like the spring not functioning)

I desoldered the broken analog, and ordered one with the same pin layout (3pin version).

When the new part arrived, I had realized, while the number of the pins are the same, their position are different, so I cannot solder it to the PCB.

I searched on the web, but I didn’t find that type of analog stick, what I exactly need. (Just the 3 and 4 pin version, which are not what I need)

Do you have any idea or tip, from where can I order this kind of analog stick?

I am facing same problem, still couldnt find similar looking analog stick. All looks smaller like djjano1 posted and if they dont look smaller the micro switch looks like 6mm version instead 4.3mm like on this analog. I have same CECHZC2E B1 dualshock3.

Most Helpful Answer

djjano1 there are 3 revisions of the Dualshock 3 CECHZC2E, CECHZC2E A1 and CECHZC2E B1. Your analog stick looks actually more like a PS4 replacement

Check on places like this for a better replacement

Seems you have a new version of the controller, made for release with the PS3 Slim. Try looking for those parts. I couldn’t find anything quickly, but you can always try it yourself.

djjano1 will be eternally grateful.