Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Screen replacement not work?

I recently dropped my iPhone 3gs and shattered my screen. After pretty extensive research, I finally found the right replacement digitizer/glass kit with tools. I followed very precise instructions, and almost had everything ready. When it came time to do the last steps, re-connect the ribbons 1, 2, and 3, I had trouble getting the #2 to connect. It will not go in for anything! I literally tried to get this one ribbon to connect for an hour. Well, in the process, I was taking off ribbon #3 to see if I could do 2 first, and the little clasp that holds #3 in came off. Is this a huge deal? I have heard of other people running in to the same problem with clasp #2, and they taped a piece of paper over the top of it and it did the trick. What can I do about the broken clasp though? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

never mind the clasp, it'll work fine without it...mine does. as for connector 2... check you have the right part/s and that you haven't been sent parts for a 3G. if it won't fit don't force it you'll only damage pins. get out a dividers or ruler or something else to measure, then check the 2 parts dimensions.

Sean Sealock will be eternally grateful.