The Xbox One X (Model 1787) is Microsoft's latest high-powered game console, succeeding the Xbox One S. The Xbox One X was released on November 7th, 2017.

How can I fix my eject button?

the eject button on my xbox one x recetnly stopped working. no sound. no eject. nothing. how can I fix this? or is there a workaround? I do know how to manually eject the disc with a paperclip, but that’s not ideal.

thanks!!

Is this a constant thing that happens, the disc drives are usually very forgiving in my experience so conducting a manual eject should be okay.

If it is constant I'll take a look at mine and see how it is hooked up. As long as there isnt any outstanding issues (example being items other the disc being placed into drive, dropped unit, water damage) should be pretty straight forward to either repair replace.

it is constant. since last weekend the button does nothing. I manually ejected the disc with a paperclip the other day. It came out fine. I put the disc back in and the xbox pulled it in, leading me to believe that the functionality still works. it just won't eject...

Does it make the eject noise when you press the eject button?

I have the exact same problem and through a process of trial and error have concluded the ribbon cable that connects the eject button to the RF board has broken somehow.

I’ve been looking for a replacement online, but struggling to find one. It’s just a case of swapping the old one out. Very frustrating

If your ribbon is not ripped you can fiddle around with the ribbon and it will reconnect to correct placement. If the noise works but still won’t eject from the eject button get crafty and try using tinfoil to the sensor. Literally saved me hella money.

Mario will be eternally grateful.