Parts & Tools

The Google Pixel is Google's first flagship phone, released on October 20, 2016. The 5-inch AMOLED display device comes with 32 and 128 GB storage options and is available in three colors; Very Silver, Quite Black, and Really Blue.

After Battery Replacement, Screen Won't Work

I swapped out the battery on a Pixel recently, I was careful about heating up the adhesive enough and used the plastic pick to sever the adhesive. The screen didn’t crack when removing it. After i got the battery switched out, I put everything back together and turned the phone on. The phone vibrated, indicating that it had turned on, but the screen is black. I was careful not to damage any of the ribbons when pulling it apart. Does anyone know what this might be?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

The pixel has a very thin and fragile screen. It's very easy to damage the lcd without being able to see a visible crack. Also you could have knocked off components around the lcd connector. Or it could be a backlight issue. I would use a bright flashlight and shine it on the screen when you think it should be displaying and see if you can see anything. If you can then it's a backlight issue. If you have no backlight and no image then I would start looking at the board for damage. If you cant find any physical damage then I would get a new screen.

Having the same issue with the Pixel 3. Changed the battery but did break a piece of did the wireless charger and the cable for the finger print scanner. I planned on replacing them eventually but in the mean time my phone won't boot up with the new battery. Won't even tell me it's charging. Having a hard time loading software and idk why.

Robert Black will be eternally grateful.