The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Why is my dead iPhone 5 still not charging?

My phone usually dies after a short while of usage, but yesterday it lasted longer than normal, and said it was at 93% the entire day, until my last period class. I used it all that period because the class was art and I needed a reference photo for my project. All was going fine until it suddenly shut down. This was normal for my phone, so I didn’t stress about it too much. Then I got home, plugged it in, and went to work on something else. When I came back, about an hour later, and tried to turn it on, then all that would show up on the black screen was a battery with a slim red bar on the left side. I thought it was the cord or the plug (even though I had used this cord and plug several times before) and so plugged it into a different cord and plug. This repeated about two more times before I tried plugging it into the computer, and then into a portable charger, but nothing worked! What could be up with my Phone?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

It might very well be your battery needs replacement, iPhones do not normally shut down at random. If you noticed the phone turning off when opening camera, or as soon as screen was awaken after idle, that’s because battery is not anymore able to supply the peak power these tasks normally require. Unreliable battery readings are another sign of a deteriorated battery.

Ginger will be eternally grateful.