Parts & Tools

The HP Officejet 4630 is a wireless color inkjet all-in-one printer.

Ink cartridge failure help

I have a HP 4630 OfficeJet Printer. I have a new HP 61 black ink cartridge that I ordered from HP. I put it in the printer, and it continually says, " Ink Cartridge Failure". I have done all I know to do, reset the printer, cleaned the contacts, etc. I have been on HP.com and nothing works. It is out warranty, so you can only access information on HP.com for tech help. Does anyone know anything to help me with this problem?

Here is other messages that shows on the printer

1. Ink Cartridge(s) Problem The following Ink Cartridges must be replaced. I have brand new ink cartridges.

2. It was printing about 2 weeks ago, when I replaced the empty ink cartridge. Then, it stopped. I called HP and they sent another one. Now, it will not accept the new cartridge. 

3. I have downloaded print drivers from HP.com and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software about 4x.

Mine prints but nothing is printed out on my paper? THe ink cartridge indicator shows over 1/2 full?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Whew! I have been at this printer off and on and had tried everything. Lo and behold, today I just took some scotch tape and taped over the bottom of the ink cartridge (The part where the original tape comes when you buy a new one and take it off) and inserted it back into the printer, then I took the tape off and inserted the cartridge back in the printer. All of a sudden the error message "ink cartridge failure" was gone and the control panel on the printer showed and was up ready to print. I can't even explain it. But, it is printing again. Thanks everyone!

van you explain this as i am currently having the same problem

I’m having the same problem

Didn't fix mine.

Sonya will be eternally grateful.