Launched on November 2014, the HP Stream 13 is a thin unibody Windows® laptop priced to compete with Chromebooks and the entry level MacBook Air.

I have a new battery but I still get a Battery not Detected indication

My HP Stream 13 will only operate with the power adapter plugged in. It indicates that the battery is not detected. It is a brand new battery and it will not charge or be recognized by the computer. I initially replaced the original battery thinking that it was burned out. Today I unplugged and then re-plugged in the new battery and for a few hours it was detected but it still would not charge. It is now once again “not detected”. I ran a test and received the following report:

Battery Check: Primary-Replace (40)

FAILURE ID: M04435-7MD995-MFPV6K-C0D203

Product ID: K2L96UA#ABA

Primary Battery

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?…is a component on the board fried that charges the battery???

Most Helpful Answer

This may be a shot in the dark but try doing a power reset on the laptop following these steps linked below. Hopefully it helps:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c0...

rentaspouse will be eternally grateful.