A home coffee brewer, released in 2013, manufactured by Keurig. Repair for this device is similar to all other Keurig models.

Leaking water into the cup along with the coffee

I use my Keurig B40 with K Cups and plastic refillables. Both have the same problem. Yesterday, I noticed that water was flowing into my coffee cup along with the coffee. This makes for a rather weak cup of coffee . I thought that there was a leak where the top needle punctures the K Cup. I removed the rubber seal aroung the needle. I cleaned the seal and the surface around it. There was a lot of old coffee around the needle.

I reassembled the seal and made a new cup of coffee. The same thing happened. When the brewing was complete, I removed the K Cup. The top was dry. I found the same thing with the plastic reusable. Water is bypassing somewhere, but the top is dry.

What should I do next?

I found the problem after taking the top cover off the Keurig B40. The hose to the water injector had pulled loose and thus most of the water was bypassing the K Cup. I put it back together and the problem is fixed for $0.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Remove the top cover. There are 2 screws at the front under the cover. Then check the hoses.

Brooks2 will be eternally grateful.