"The worlds smallest 15.6-inch laptop packs powerhouse performance and a stunning InfinityEdge display all in Dell's most powerful XPS laptop."

Display Upgrade on dell xps 15 9570

I was wondering if i can a upgrade a fullhd version of dell xps 15 9570 with a 4k touchscreen display from a dell xps 15 9550?

Were you able to do this? I too would like to know.

Hi, did you finally tried it ? If yes did it worked ? thanks !

where did you get the new screen

I made the upgrade

Not only is possible…but it's also very easy!!

I bought an used 4k screen assembly on eBay and I installed it in 15 minutes!

Fantastic, you used a 9550 or 9650 screen? Did you use the whole lcd+bezel assembly?

I’d like to know more too please

So would I =)

Hi, same here if you can give more details and double confirm that you did put a 9550 4k screen into a 9570 laptop that would be wonderful, hope you'll see the message !

I found a video , that shows how to replace the keyboard. In the process you can see the tech removing the screen assembly and disconnecting it from the board. It's not the best video, but in the beginning they remove the screen connectors and then the assembly around 5:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Amsg6Vg...

Edit: here's a video of of a 9550, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knVC-iiC...

not sure how similar it is to the 9570, but I'm going to try this in the next day or two, I currently have two 9570s' and I'm going to swap the screens on them.

Hi can you please post back here and let us know how it goes?

Also if you can find out about whether the screen bezel and display are separable please let me know =) I've heard it's quite risky though.

Reporting back. I was able to switch the monitor assembly off the 4k model to the 1080p model. It should be noted these are the EXACT same model and configuration. Core i7-8750, Geforce 1050ti etc. There are a total of 6 screws and 3 cables for the 1080p and 4 cables for the 4k. The display is in an assembly that includes basically the top half of the laptop. I don't know what the aftermarket panel or assemblies look like, but i'm sure it would be more complex to switch out the panel itself. https://imgur.com/a/xerM0Ic

I also got my hands on a 9550, I popped it open and the 4k screen connections are the exact same configuration as the 9570.

So hypothetically speaking is it possible to "upgrade" my 9570 fhd screen with a 9550 4k screen? also, would this work to upgrade to touch screen also?

How about to 7590? And v versa?

Dracinschi Alexandru will be eternally grateful.