LG V30 was released in September of 2017, weighs 158g, and features a 6.0-inch screen, a 16MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. The body was designed with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.

What methods can I use to unlock the boot loader on my device?

¡Good evening! Thank you guys for a job well done. I have been a long time member of your site and have repaired hundreds of devices with your help. I currently own a Hong Kong variant of the V30, but it’s boot loader is locked, causing me to have a below standard experience with my LTE network. Due to the correct ones being disabled by default. Is there any way known to you through hardware of software that I could use to unlock it myself? LG has not responded to my requests and there is no software available yet that can unlock that model. What hardware/procedure do I need to get thge job done?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

My information pertains to the US, but this may be the same (or relevant) to Chinese market phones. You likely have the European spec phone with Chinese software.

In the US, the carriers known to lock the bootloader without permitting unlocking are AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile has left the OEM Unlock option be on a lot of phones, but may not allow unlocking. Sprint is a complete unknown to me.

The way LG does it is they have a whitelist on the phones that goes by the model number. Ex: You can’t unlock a LG G4 H815 since it’s the AT&T SKU, but the H810 is unlockable. LG limits it to supported devices. While this lets you flash custom ROMs on the phone, the baseband is still locked to changes outside of a SIM unlockm unless you can find a way to force the matter like we used to do with the HTC phones worth caring about.

If you’re okay with the obvious risks, the instructions on how to unlock the bootloader can be found here (LG Developer).

While I’m aware of how to deal with the bootlader, I’m not sure about altering the basebands on the phone. LG locks this down pretty good (unlike HTC back in the day), so you need to use an exploit to unlock the radio itself. Most people have no need to.

¡Thank you! your guidance helped me address the issue that i was facing with the LG device.

I have repaired many devices, bought some of your tools. Thank you for doing what you do and helping us out the way you do.

¡God Bless you All

hermis2000 will be eternally grateful.